Helping Injured Workers Since 1981
Maureen E. Dodd
I have been called to service of others ever since I was a child. As a student at St. Rose Elementary School in New Lexington, Ohio, I was taught by nuns and lay persons who had dedicated their lives to teaching. My teachers were strict, expected us to behave ourselves at school and in the community and build upon our unique talents. As an elementary school student, I was taught that if I worked hard and dreamed big, I would be able to achieve whatever I wanted. It is that belief that has fueled my inner fire to strive to do my best at whatever I do ever since.
My father was a small-town attorney who founded this firm in 1981. My mother was an elementary and middle school teacher. They both were generous with their money and their time. They taught me the value of volunteering to serve the needs of my church, my neighborhood, and the community. I learned from both of their examples to work hard and maximize my talents.
I had the unique opportunity of working with my father in his law firm for 25 years before his death. I observed firsthand how compassionate and caring he was with his clients. I learned from him to zealously represent every client and to do everything within my control to protect their rights. He was also a generous and thoughtful employer, so generous with his time that he took a morning off from work to represent me in court when I contested a parking ticket, telling me that "an attorney who represents herself has a fool for a client."
I am proud of the work that I have done over the past 27 years and excited to carry on my father's legacy. I understand how difficult navigating the Ohio BWC's and Social Security Administration's application process can be. I get the greatest satisfaction when I can help a client move past this difficult period in his/her life.
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Lector
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Festival Committee
- St. Vincent DePaul Society, Holy Spirit Conference
- Advanced Training and Fitness, Hot Yoga
- Rodan + Fields, Consultant
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1996
- Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1989
- Major: Economics
- Ohio, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1996
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Justice
- Perry County Ohio Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Specialist, Workers Compensation Law